(1) Swim 45. 78 metres (50 yard) with clothes on (shirts and dhoti or trousers as minimum) and undress in water with feet off bottom.
(2) Swim 91.4 metres (103 yards) on the breast, 45.70 metres (50 yards) on back, with the hands folded in front of the body.
(3) Dive from not less than 1.5 metres (5 feet) and pick up small objects from the bottom.
(4) Be able to explain the following: How to avoid and what to do in case of muscle cramps, safety precautions in selecting unknown swimming and bathing place and diving points; the Buddy system for bathing or swimming in large numbers.
(5) Satisfy the examiner that he is capable of instructing a non swimmer in basic principles of swimming.