Prime Minister Shield Competition
- Purpose : To motivate Scouts and Guides to take up community service and community development projects.
- Period : From 1st July of the year to 30th June of Succeeding year.
- Eligibility : Scout Guide Unit registered with State Associations at least 2 Unit from 1 District will participate. At least 2 Districts from a State is required for competition.
- Registration : The Unit will be registered at National Headquarters through the State before 31st May of the year.
- Registration Fee : Rs.10/- per Unit.
- Log Book : National Headquarters will issue a Log Book through the State Associations for every Unit Registered for this competition.
- Judging : Judging will be done at District, State and National Level.
- Awards : In each State the Scout Troop, Guide Company standing First in the Competition in each Group of Subject and gaining 70% and above marks of the total will be awarded Prime Minister Shield and Certificate signed by the Prime Minister. All Units which gain more then 50% marks in the Group of Subject selected by them will be awarded Certificate of Merit signed by the Prime Minister.
- Project Area : The Project Area shall not be less than 30 families and not more than 50 families.
- Subjects for Competition : The Competition will be in 3 Groups of Subjects, Subject 1 is compulsory and the Unit can select one more subjects from the Group 2, 3 and 4.
- Submission of Log Books : The Unit will submit the Logbook after completion of the Competition to the District by 30th July and the Districts will forward the Logbooks to the State by 30th August.
Please not for details refer to the Guidelines issued by