1. Purpose : To motivate Rovers and Rangers to take up community service and community development projects.
2. Period : From 1st July of the year to 30th April of Succeeding year.
3. Eligibility : Rover Ranger Unit registered with State Associations at least 1 Unit from Rover Ranger Section from 1 District will participate. At least 2 Districts from a State is required for competition.
4. Registration : The Unit will be registered at National Headquarters through the State before 30th April of the year.
5. Registration Fee : Rs.10/- per Unit.
6. Log Book : National Headquarters will issue a Log Book through the State Associations for every Unit Registered for this competition.
7. Judging : Judging will be done at District, State and National Level.
8. Awards : Each Unit gaining 70% and above marks will be awarded Vice President Merit Certificate and Units gaining more than 50% marks in all categories but less than 70% will be awarded participant certificates by the National Commissioner.
9. Project Area : Not less than 1 Basti or Hamlet and not more than 3 Bastis/Hamlets in Urban area not less than 1000 houses/Hutments.
10. Subjects for Competition : There are 3 Categories of Subjects viz. 1. Self Development 2. Service within the movement, and 3. Service outside the movement. Every Unit will participate in self development and service within the movement. For service outside the movement subjects are divided in 6 groups of their Choice.
11. Submission of Log Books : The Unit will submit the Logbook after completion of the Competition to the District to the District by 15th May and the Districts will forward the Logbooks to the State by 15th June.
Please not for details refere to the Guidelines issued by the National Headquarters. For changes from time to time.