(1) Understand changes which happen on surface of the earth e.g. Erosion. Transpiration and Deposition and know its reasons.
(2) Have general knowledge of Problem of soil erosion, its danger; kinds, causes and methods of preventing these.
(3) Study problem of soil erosion and prepare a log giving information about various programmes being carried out in the country regarding soil conservation, afforestation and removal of water scarcity. Prepare a log based on his own observations and experience regarding local problems of soil conservation. He should have spent three months in this study.
(4) Understand importance of methods used for soil conservation such as Mer Bandi, (tree plantation) or afforestation filling up the gully (Khai Patan) etc. and must have given service in any of the projects at least for 40 hours. Produce a record of service rendered.
(5) With the help of his Patrol plant at least ten sapling of fruit bearing plants and look after these for three months.
(6) Have general knowledge of the organisation work and experiments of the Soil Conservation Board of his area.