(1) Have detailed information of village, such as the area, population, occupation products, well and other sources of water supply, traditions, the number of children of school age, the number of literate persons
(2) Have general knowledge of village sanitation (especially, pertaining to preventable diseases), village administration and village Panchayat.
(3) Produce a record of continuous useful service (literacy, adult education, sanitation and cleanliness, farming, labour work. prohibition, games, etc.) to the village extending over a period of at least six months or have worked in recognised village labour camp for at least a period of fifteen days.
(4) *Help get atleast fifty people checked for leprosy germs.
(5) Help atleast twenty children to get immunized.
(6) Teach “Oral Re-hydration Technique” for atleast six mothers.
(7) Organise an eye care/ dental care campaign in his village / mohalla / slum.
(8) Teach to his neighbours management of Diarrhea and dysentery or delousing for women.