Rajya Puraskar Ranger :
1) Acquire knowledge on the website of Election Commission and help at least two persons to enroll themselves in the electoral roll.
2) Show further progress in Hobbies and Crafts Vocational Skills.
3) Prepare a paper or give a talk on religious tolerance or participate in any religious function other than her own & report to Ranger Leader or Team Council.
4) Plan and work for a Project at least for a month in consultation with Ranger Leader to help Children/ Aged/Differently Abled/ Sick persons in an old age home or at an orphanage or at appropriate place in her locality.
Plan and finance a project with Team members to enrich the life of villagers, staying in a village at least
for a week.
5) Render service in an institution/structure/building of public importance/public garden and look after its
upkeep at least two hours in a week for at least three month.
6) Study any book on Transactional Analysis and be able to state three Ego states and three types of transactions.
7) Have knowledge in i) Camp craft:-
a. Pitching, striking & packing a Double Fly Tent.
b. Layout of a camp with latrine and a camp kitchen.
c. Cooking enough meal for two persons using backwoodsman method.
a. Tie and show the use of Double Sheet Bend, Scaffold hitch, Bowline on the bight
b. With the help of other Rangers, build any one Model Pioneering Project.
a. Know the Triangulation method and make a map of a small area
b. Follow a route for not less than one km and make a map of the route by Road Traverse method.
8) Undergo a minimum three night adventure camp with other Rangers under canvas in an open air or participate in an Adventure programme of National Adventure Institute or State Adventure Institute of Bharat Scouts & Guides.
9) Be able to present culture and heritage of any region of India through modern audio visual aids.
10) To inculcate the habit of saving into the Rangers, open a bank account and create awareness related to banking operations.
Guide and promote at least one Self Help Group of women from her own locality of village/town/city.
11) Work as “Free Being Me Trainer” for forty eight hours, spread over a period of six months with at least two hours in a week.
Participate in a sustained community development project at least two hours in a week for six months on any two of the following subjects:
A. Promote gender equality and empower women
B. Reduce child mortality
C. Improve maternal health
D. Combat HIV/AIDS, Malaria & other diseases
E. Ensure Environmental sustainability.
12) Create an ID in a Social Networking site and be able to communicate with at least ten members of any other
states of BSG
13) Motivate at least three young women of Ranger age and ensure their admission in the Ranger Team and
work as sponsor.
14) Qualify for :
a. Disaster Preparedness Proficiency Badge
b. Rural Worker or Community Worker or Ecologist Proficiency Badge.
15) Ambulance Proficiency Badge with knowledge of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
SEA RANGER :
In addition to above tests, a Sea Ranger will have to qualify for the following:
(i) Know in general about a ship.
(ii) Send and receive messages in Semaphore.
(iii) Know about the Zodiac in the sky.
(iv) Know about the Winds and Tides and Ocean currents in general.
(v) Be able to read a course on the chart and be able to mark a course on a chart.
AIR RANGER :
In addition to Nipun Tests given above an Air Ranger will have to qualify for the following :
(i) Know the international Emergency Codes of flying.
(ii) Demonstrate flying an aero model.
(iii) Know about rectification of defects in aero models.
(iv) Know about the Gallantry Awards Instituted in the country.
(v) Know the principles of fighting a fire in an Aircraft.
(vi) Have knowledge of the forces acting on an Aircraft in flight.
GRAMEEN RANGER : Test for Rajya Puraskar Ranger
(i) Existing syllabus for Grameen Ranger to be replaced with the prescribed syllabus for Rangers.
Note for Grameen Rangers:
All tests assigned for Rangers will be applicable for Grameen Rangers. However, subjects found difficult or not related to Grameen Ranger may be replaced by appropriate local activities/projects with the permission of State Chief Commissioner on the recommendation of District Chief Commissioner & State Organising Commissioner. The area specific alternate activities may be allowed by the State Chief Commissioner and certificate to that effect should be produced in the testing camp.
(i) A Nipun Ranger who has already earned the qualifying badges as per syllabus will have to attend the testing camp organized by the State Association under the supervision of the State Organising Commissioner Guides where the knowledge and skills of a Ranger will be re-tested up to the Rajya Puraskar Ranger Stage. The qualified Ranger will be eligible for the Rajya Puraskar Ranger Certificate and Badge
(ii) Rajya Puraskar Ranger badge is a pair of shoulder flashes in green of cotton or wool with letter ‘R’ in red at the bottom and two yellow bars under the letter.
(iii) The badge is worn in place of the Nipun Badge.
(iv) Rajya Puraskar Ranger is awarded by the Governor or Patron/President of the State Association.
(v) This award is presented by the Governor or Patron/President of the State Association on the recommendation of State Chief Commissioner and can be withdrawn under compelling circumstances by State Chief Commissioner.