(1) Understand basic principles in nutrition i.e. calories, fats, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals; know their
correct proportions necessary in our regular diet and common food from which one can obtain them.
(2) Recognise malnutrition and tell of its effects on human body.
(3) Be able to draw up a fully balanced diet for a school going child, a mother to be and a normal adult.
(4) Know the harm produced by excess of certain types of food and drinks.
(5) Educate people to discourage abuse of non-alcoholic beverages like tea, coffee and other drinks.
(6) Make a nutrition survey in his village/ locality and encourage people to contact doctors. 142 Aims, Policy, Rules & Organisation Part – II
(7) Prepare atleast three posters to educate people about nutrition.