(1) Have served on editorial staff of a paper or magazine for at least six months.
(2) Produce a report written by himself of Troop activities and one of the following incidents – lecture or address, open air fete, garden party or rally.
(3) Produce a cutting of a published article or report written by himself.
(4) Understand what is meant by “ make up” and produce a dummy for the printer, representing one issue of an eight- page – magazine, circular, catalogue, or report.
(5) Understand the point system of types and know names and six common type faces.
(6) Understand printer’s correction signs.
(7) Must be able to correct proof of a printed matter.