(1) Have an elementary knowledge of the terms and measurements used in electrical work.
(2) Make connection in electric wiring and replace defective switches, lamps, holder and fuse wires correctly, know the necessary precautions which should be observed.
(3) Know construction of primary cells. Electric bells, telephones, motors and dynamos. Make a simple electric – magnet; or Telegraph key and use it.
(4) Be able to replace the heating elements of a domestic electric iron, kettle or heater:
(5) Know how to read house metres and to calculate electric consumption.
(6) Know rules of safety from electricity and how to treat an electric shock.