(1) Know necessary ingredients of a balanced diet.
(2) Know how to buy provisions and vegetables and draw up priced and dietically sound menu to include quantities required for a camp of week’s 116 Aims, Policy, Rules & Organisation Part – II uration for at least one patrol of six Scouts.
(3) Make a proper cooking place, lay and light a fire using Maghan Chulah, Trench fire, Altar fire etc. and cook there five local standard dishes and two beverages as prescribed by the examiner. In Urban areas gas stoves and primus stoves may be used and out of the five dishes two of these must be cooked without utensils.
(4) Serve food in a proper manner.
(5) Know how to store provisions in a hygienic manner.