To be worn on both shoulders just below the shoulder badge. (Red Cross on white ground with Ring)
(1) Be able to answer questions from Pratham Sopan, Dwitiya and Tritiya Sopan tests for first aid.
(2) Know how to deal with bleeding major and minor.
(3) Diagnose and bind a broken limb.
(4) Know how to deal with choking by Heimlich’s manoeuvre.
(5) Demonstrate mouth- to- mouth resuscitation.
(6) Demonstrate how to make an improvised stretcher and apply a roller bandage.
(7) Demonstrate how to send a correct message, verbal, written or by telephone.
(8) Demonstrate two methods of carrying a casualty with one first aider and two more methods of carrying a casualty when there are two first aiders.